Thursday, October 27, 2011

KörperKultur Spring 2012 - Maison de LaCour

Last week was Fashion Focus week in Chicago! I had a great time and caught some wonderful shows. One of my favorites was the KörperKultur Spring 2012 collection by designer, Julius (JuJu) LaCour! I am a huge fan of this designer and was excited when I got to attend the show, front row as media! The collection was everything that I expected and more! I loved that Julius was able to use the nude colors and the plastic materials yet still managed to keep it edgy and interesting.

After the show, I went backstage to see the designs up close and the quality and craftsmanship was impeccable! I caught up with JuJu later and interviewed him. Check out what he had to say about the collection and what the future holds for Maison de LaCour.









L: RL Fox; R: Designer, Julius LaCour

L: Designer, Julius LaCour; R: Mikeya Summerville, iT Factor Agency






Interview with Designer, JuJu LaCour & iT Factor Agency
iFA: The show was great! Why did you name the collection KorperKultur?
JuJu: Thank you! We were really happy with the show as well. KorperKulture means a nudist society in German which refers to the inspiration for the spring collection.

iFA: What or who inspired you for this new collection?
JuJu: I was inspired by the idea of the naked human body and nudist cultures throughout history. I think this comes across in the colors and shapes that I showed in the collection. It also dictated many of the choices for the materials used in the clothing. 

iFA: How is this collection different from previous collections?
JuJu: Previous collections usually included exclusively black so this was a departure from what I've done in the past. Overall, the collection had a much lighter feel.

iFA: I really liked the clear material that you used on some of the garments! Was that plastic?
JuJu: Yes, it was plastic! The clear material allowed for more of the illusion of nudity.

iFA: I noticed some handbags in the show. Did you make those? Will you be adding accessories to your line?
JuJu: Yes, we now have accessories in the line as well as clothing. I'm excited about branching out and trying new things for Maison de LaCour.

iFA: Please describe the video that played before the show started and what you wanted to portray with that.
JuJu: The video was really the vision of the photographer Kacper Skowron. I took the ideas that he gave me and used those to dress and style the models for the video.

iFA: What can Maison de LaCour fans expect in the future?
JuJu: Fans can expect big things to come from Maison de LaCour! We've moved into a new space in Pilsen and are looking to expand the line into boutiques. We're also planning to allow fans to purchase Maison de LaCour on our website within the next few months!

Visit the Maison de LaCour website at: www.maisondelacour.com. View the entire collection here: https://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/media/set/?set=a.229536407110702.60887.197094023688274&type=3

XOXO,
Mik

No comments: